Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Super Easy 100th Day of School Snack

My boys' 100th day of school is tomorrow! Seriously how has it already been 100 days. It seems like we were just taking our 1st day of school pictures! Anyway, last year I made THIS super cute 100th Day of School Cake for Grant's class...and I'm actually making it for his class again this year. So I kind of started feeling bad that I'm making something for Grant's class two years in a row and I hadn't made anything for Henry's class. So even though Henry's school doesn't do a big party like Grant's {I guess 2nd grade is the cutoff for really celebrating 100 days}, I decided I still wanted to send a fun treat with him to school tomorrow.
I stopped by the store on the way home from dropping Eli off at preschool, and I browsed up and down the aisles looking for inspiration. I knew donuts would be perfect for the zeros, but I wasn't quite sure what to do about the ones...and then I saw Swiss Rolls on sale! I got home and got busy making these SUPER Easy 100th Day of School Snack...and it literally took me less than 30 minutes to put together enough for Henry's whole class!
I started with chocolate covered donuts, Swiss Rolls, and wooden skewers that I cut in half. You need half a Swiss Roll for every two donuts to make one 100. So to make 24 100's you will need two boxes of the chocolate covered donuts and one box of Swiss Rolls.
Start by cutting you Swiss Rolls in half...
...then lay out two donuts beside the cut Swiss Rolls to make a 100.
Starting with the donuts first {because they are a little more firm and won't squish}, slide all three pieces onto the skewer.
Repeat as many times as kids in the class, and then load them up on a cute platter.
I think these snacks turned out SUPER cute and the best part is how easy they were to make!
Linking up here..


Pin It!

7 comments:

Kelli said...

I love it! So easy. We have been talking about 100 day of school this week because Caleb's class is going to have a big event.

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

Our 100th day is next Friday..and I think I'll be borrowing this idea!
Thank you :)

Miller Racing Family said...

What a fabulous idea. We are getting ready for the 100th day as well. We are making a sports 100th day shirt. I will have to use this snack idea.
Hope you have a fabulous weekend.

Myya said...

I bet you were REALLY popular with the kiddos that day :)

Paula@SweetPea said...

You are such a thoughtful mom! I know the kids at school loved this snack.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

That is a cute and easy idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...