Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Friday, August 14, 2009

SUPER Spaghetti

Spaghetti is one of our favorite meals. The boys love it because it is yummy, and I love it because it is quick and easy to make! It is also a pretty healthy meal {lots of veggies in just a little bit of sauce}...especially when I add in a few extra things to make it SUPER Spaghetti!

Our SUPER Spaghetti has:

Extra Lean Ground Beef

Organic Ragu Spaghetti Sauce

Regular Spaghetti Noodles

{the wheat ones just don't taste as good...and the boys can tell the difference!}

and a few tablespoons of Ground Flax Seed Meal!Eli really enjoyed his first taste of SUPER spaghetti!

And he even liked it for lunch the next day too!

Pin It!

13 comments:

{Kimber} said...

THAT last pic is so stinkin' cute!! :)

More Than Words said...

Oh my gosh...he is the cutest baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer W. said...

I see you're having trouble with your signature too! Mine wouldn't show up at first, then it was just there. Wierd! Anyway, we love spaghetti too, and we usually use Barilla Plus with added protien and omega-3's. I found the trick to making it taste and feel more like regular pasta is to overcook it just slightly. It is really good, and healthy, and the kids don't know the difference!
Jen

Foursons said...

I agree, that last picture is soooo cute. His personality shines right through the camera lens.

Tracy said...

We all love spaghetti too. If I don't feel like fighting with Carter to get him to eat, then I usually fix spaghetti.

Carrie said...

We LOVE spaghetti too..I could almost eat it every night! WHat a sweet little man! Kids with spaghetti faces are too funny :)

TheAtticGirl said...

What a face! We love spaghetti too. We usually have Smart Taste spaghetti noodles with turkey meatballs and parmesan cheese. MMMM!

christy rose said...

Kelli,
Yep that's an easy one. But adding ground flax seed? What a great idea! Your boys are so cute!
Christy

Emily said...

Great idea adding flax seed. I think the wheat pasta is gross too! And Eli sure must have liked that spaghetti to not even make a mess. It took Charlie about 3 baths to get it all off!

He & Me + 3 said...

I need to add the flax seed. Everything else sounds like ours. Mine can tell the difference too with the wheat ones. I don't care either way.

Unknown said...

I'll have to try some of that. My kids can always tell when I sneak in something healthier.

Anonymous said...

Yummy! So healthy. WHen you get a chance stop over and grab this :) http://www.kiddiescornerdeals.com/2009/08/meme-award.html

Heidi Boos said...

I wish my kids liked spaghetti! They're not the biggest fans. Weird. I know. Maybe it's because it's not SUPER spaghetti! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...