Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Monday, July 20, 2009

Not Me My Child! Monday

This week MckMama is mixing it up a little and hosting Not My Child! Monday, a fun little twist on our weekly confessions of all our mommyhood shortcomings and oh-so-embarrassing incidents. This week we get to confess all the NOT so great things that our kids have done.....so go check out My Charming Kids to see all the things our kiddos have NOT been doing!

*********

All three of my children did NOT have a blast playing on the slip n slide this weekend. They did NOT still have on their pajamas while they were playing on the before mentioned slip n slide. It was NOT approximately 3 o'clock in the afternoon. They would NEVER still be wearing their PJs that late in the day, and if they were, they would NEVER be running around in the yard and playing on the slip n slide!

One of my children {which one exactly is to blame is still a mystery, though I'm pretty sure Eli is innocent} did NOT do their business in the bathroom, only to use WAY too much toilet paper...causing the toilet to clog and overflow. The entire guest bathroom and the hallway was NOT flooded with yucky water, and it did NOT take at least an three hours before anyone discovered the mess! My children NEVER make messes, especially NOT ones that have to do with poop!

Henry and Grant do NOT think that dinner time is a race. They do NOT compete to see who can finish their food first! They do NOT eat SUPER fast so that they can announce who has finished in which place. While eating dinner this week, Henry did NOT announce that he was first, Grant was second, momma was third, and daddy was HOME! He did NOT turn dinner into such a big competition that he was using baseball terms!

Pin It!

17 comments:

Foursons said...

The dinner race drives me nuts! My 7 year old started repeating me and telling his brother, "It's not a race Nolan!" ha ha

{Kimber} said...

the toilet paper one happens ALL the time at my house!!!!!!! not to that extreme with the overflowing and all...but still YUCK!!!!!! you have little butts kids you don't need all that paper! :)

Unknown said...

Enjoyed your post and love your name! :)

Robin said...

LOL! I'm glad I'm not the only mom who's kids are never in pj's in the afternoon!

TheAtticGirl said...

My kiddo hates the slip N slide for some reason. I think it's fun but I guess he doesn't like water in his face. Oh, and my son never has any problems with bathroom stuff...no...he has never clogged the toilet or thrown stuff down it just to see what would happen...lol

http://www.atticgirl.blogspot.com

Emily said...

that is so funny even though I feel really bad for you having to clean up all the poop water! Few things are worse than dealing with poop! And that's too funny about their dinner races. I wish my kids would do that! Instead they just dawdle forever. Except Charlie...he shoves it all in so fast and then grunts for more! It's amazing he doesn't constantly get indigestion!

Kasey@Allthingsmamma.com said...

How adorable are your kids?!
I would NOT know anything about letting my children wear their pajamas all day long and EVEN play in the back yard in them. Hey...atleast we're not those parents that take their yr old kid to Target in full blanket sleeper type jammies! LOL!

It Feels Like Chaos said...

Very funny! Except I'm sure the overflowed toilet water part is only funny in hindsight!

Tracy said...

Too funny!!

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

Too funny and also funny that one of my moments did NOT include poop this week ;D

4 Lettre Words said...

Oh, the toilet paper! Boys are so much fun, huh!?! :o)

Tara said...

your boys must be around the same age as my girls because the racing thing sounds all to familiar...and at least 2 or 3 whole rolls of toilet paper have taken the plunge (still on thier roller) in our house. :)

Kmama said...

Stopping by via MckMama's blog carnival. My almost 5 year old is all about racing, except when it comes to food. He's the.slowest.eater.ever. I almost wish we could race with dinner (but then again, to listen to you describe it, maybe not).

Cute blog.

Mandy T said...

That is too funny! All I can say is you never know what kind of mess you will find with little boys!!

Brigetta Schwaiger said...

I just love finding other boy moms. We do NOT do any of that racing at dinner time either. My boys would NEVER compete over such a thing either. They are just like yours.

Carrie said...

LOL! oh, what a mess with your toilet, so sorry! I wish dinner was a competition for us sometimes...Alex is the slowest eater in the world! So funny!

Angie Vik said...

Very funny NMM post. If it makes you feel any better about the toilet episode, my husband is a plumber and has helped clean up his share of messes. One of our favorite stories is a teenage boy who plugged his family's toilet by wiping with his niece's diaper wipes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...