Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Mongrammed Flower Pots

Monogrammed Flower Pots
I made a stencil by printing out the "W" on paper. Then I placed it under some contact paper and cut out my stencil with a craft knife. I {with Jason's help...definitely need more than two hands for this step} carefully placed the contact paper stencil onto the pot. I used a craft pen made specifically for writing on terra cotta to fill in the stencil. I peeled off the stencil and cleaned up a few edges that were rough. I think they turned out really cute...now I just have to remember to water the plants so they don't die!
***************
Visit thecsiproject.com

Pin It!

6 comments:

Christie said...

I have a monogrammed pot given to me by a friend! She is very talented with her writing! I could never write it and would love to have more, so I will try your idea! Love it! So very cute! Thanks! threepixielane.blogspot.com

Rhiannon said...

very cute and fast project! Imn gonna have to try it!

Diann @ the Thrifty Groove said...

Very cute. I love a quick simple project!

Amy @ Positively Splendid said...

So simple, but what a great impact!

Tammy said...

So, cute and yes water those babies so they thrive. Another tip - since they are sitting on concrete they tend to cook from the bottom- get some cheap pot feet and put underneath - the air flow helps cool them down and not dry out so quickly. Just a tip that I learned the hard way :)
tammy

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Hopping over from Censational Girls Outdoor Party. Hope you enjoy my 'patio time' post. (link #205)

What a clever, easy and fun idea. Wish it was that easy to remember to water the plants.

Fondly,
Glenda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...